Polish American Political Club

Minutes for the Monthly Meeting January 7th, 2018

 

                                                                                                                       

10:00 AM    Meeting Called to Order.

 

     A moment of silence in remembrance of deceased members followed by the Pledge of Allegiance.

 

 

Minutes.

 

     The minutes from the previous meeting were read.  A motion was made and seconded to accept the minutes as read.  This was passed by all in attendance.

 

 

Communications.

 

     The nominations for the upcoming Annual Meeting are now posted on the Communications Board.  Those choosing to run for office must decide by January 14th.

 

 

Membership Report:

 

          

     There were seven (7) new applications for membership.  A motion was made and seconded to send the applications to the executive board for review.  After the meeting had ended, the executive board reviewed and accepted the applicants.

     Membership Chairman Pat N. stated as of last week, there were approximately 100 paid members for 2018.  Pat also stated that former member #328, Bob B. needs to reapply for membership.

    

 

 

 

Report of the Committee’s

 

It was reported that the PAPC Hall was accidentally rented on the day of the Annual Meeting, and the renter had wished to decorate the club around 10:00 A.M.  Bar Manager Kevin S. will discuss options with the hall renter as the Annual Meeting cannot be moved to a different date.

 

Unfinished Business:

 

     There will be a meeting with the Bristol Water Company on January 16th, 2018, to discuss the Ponderosa area land lease deal.  President Mike H. and Treasured Brad Y. will attend on behalf of the club.

 

 

New Business:

 

     A discussion was held regarding the funds available to the club from the sealed ticket account.  Currently, a significant amount of money has accrued and must be used on items such as improvements to the club or on the PAPC Scholarship fund.  Various options were discussed.  Kevin S. will look into costs for floor tile for the hall area to replace the old tiles in the hall.  Kevin will also look into the costs for replacing the club main entry door.  Insulation the ceiling was also discussed with President Mike H. stating he may be able to get help with the insulation installation.  Member Doug M. suggested the club look into other flooring options which may be more resilient and durable then the current floor tiles.  A motion was made and seconded to allot $1000.00 from the sealed ticket fund for the purchase of insulation for the ceiling.  The motion was passed by all in attendance.

    

 

 

Report of the Treasurer's :

    

      The treasurer was absent from the meeting.  No treasurer's report was given. 

 

 

Good & Welfare:

    

     A Special thanks to Pat N., Larry H., and Kevin S. for all their help with the Annual Children's Christmas Party.

     A special thanks to Pat N., Jim D., Brian K., Larry H., Mike H., Will O.,  Greg L., Gary W., Mark Z. and Kevin S. for their help with the Annual Adult Christmas Party.

     A shot or beer to all in attendance.

 

 

10:32 Meeting adjourned